Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Screen Art: The Thing

Screen Art: Finding images in films that transcend their context.



Let's see, I haven't done one of these in a long time.

This shot from John Carpenter's The Thing (1982) may not look particularly beautiful or noteworthy by itself at first glance. I mean, sure, it's a picture of a head stretching and screaming in ways no human could, but aside from that, no big deal, right?

Well, I've thought for a while that if you crop it like this...


... well, then, sir, you got yourself a movie poster. Since I'm on some kind of crazy poster designing kick lately, I'll go ahead and add it to my to-do list, a long with that other Prestige poster I want to do and the Straw Dogs poster I'm currently tinkering with in my spare time. Yes, sir, I do believe a post for The Thing using the picture above as a basis would be pretty cool indeed. Reminds me of the poster of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment