Monday, December 14, 2009

The Criterion Collection of Videogames (cont'd.)

Okay, I can't help it. I've got to post some more of these. They're just too cool.










Now here's a great game just begging for the GAF Collection treatment. The original cover is atrocious:



The GAF guys came up with these:



The one on the left is decent. I think the title words should be spaced apart a bit more and possibly shrunk down a bit. The one in the middle is really cool, if a bit conventional (close-ups of half a face are pretty easy ways to create an instantly intense image). The one on the far right is my favorite, because it's an image that sums up the feeling of the game, which is very open-ended and a lot of the outcome is decided by your decisions. Also, I'd be willing to bet that whoever designed that one had Carl Sagan's astronomy books in mind:


And last but certainly not least:




No comments:

Post a Comment