Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Poster Trends: Visual Puns & Metaphors (part III)

Click here for The Visual Puns and Metaphors intro

The Odd Couple variation





This is a trend I know I've seen more of, and yet these four are all I could find. If you can think of any more please mention them in the comments. I've seen all four of these movies, so I can tell you, with authority, that each one is about Person A who is living a regular old boring life until out of the blue, they meet Person B, who turns their life upside down, for better or for worse. That is literally the basic synopsis of all four of these movies. And it's expressed with just this one image. It's very on-the-nose, but at least it's a layout that hasn't quite been overused to the point that it's lost its meaning. It's still very potent. And accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment